Whenever people are trapped in the darkest of storms with feelings of worthlessness, hopelessness, and grief surrounding them, drenching them, overwhelming them. That’s the time that some people just want to give up but the others walk the long road to overcome that storm and reach the sunlight that makes their days brighter.
The secrets that make them walk a little more further, fight a little bit longer is hope and optimism. Hope that this won’t last forever and optimism that there is yet good that will come.
Hope is an optimistic state of mind that is based on an expectation of positive outcomes, and optimism, which is the general tendency to expect positive outcomes.
Like Helen Keller said “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence” , and how true is that statement. The greatest accomplishments do come with the hardest struggles and the fight is only won when you don’t give up.
They may seem like two words that aren’t realistic and only sound good on paper but can’t be imbibed into your daily life, Well, that’s not the case embracing a life filled with hope and optimism is actually possible. Here are a few ways that one can be a little more hopeful and optimistic
- Reframe your Thinking : Changing your outlook on the simplest things and the hardest things does take you a long way. Start every task with a belief that you can do it, and see the changes that arise.
- Enjoy the Small Things: Not every achievement has to be big and grand, enjoying the small precious moments such as relaxing, spending time with family, or even laughing make you realize that life is not so bad after all.
- Being Grateful : Gratitude leads to happiness and happiness stems from hope, appreciate both the big and the small, you never know what can change your life.
- Love is the best way to remain hopeful : The most powerful thing that we as humans have is the power to give and receive love, why then would we not use it.
- Hope is the only thing stronger than fear : Fear has the power to cripple us, and the only thing that can destroy it, is hope and hope will show you the light.
If the situations that surround us or the way people around us behave is not in our control then why worry about them. Let’s focus on what we can change and what we can influence, and that is how we as individuals react and act. The best way to do that is to be hopeful and have a little faith, to believe that we all are capable of happiness and sunshine. Let’s work to make our own days brighter and happier.
This article is written by our Intern Sabahat Fatima