NOTE: The summer workshop will be back again in 2017. In the meanwhile enjoy this video of what we did this summer 2016 and also look below to learn more about the workshop itself.
Creative Journaling for Children
Creative journaling for Children is a workshop for children of ages 6-8. 9-12 and teens. We will use paints, collage, drawing, scribbling and splashing colors on paper as a process to uncover who we are, what we like and how we can understand ourselves and our emotions fully.
Aim of the workshop:
- To introduce children to the marvellous, magical properties of their own minds and bodies
- To build self-awareness through a variety of exercises and activities
- To develop skills that helps manage attention, tolerate difficult emotions and allow for skilful action
The workshop is designed to help children, tweens and teens:
- Uncover mindful living
- Express feelings and thoughts in a safe and useful way
- Feel comfortable drawing, writing and other activities that enhance self awareness
- Acquire the habit of self reflection and self expression
- Learn to communicate experience in words and pictures
- Become more observant of themselves and others
- Foster a positive self concept
- Exercise imagination and innate talent
- Strengthen attention span and ability to focus
- Develop a greater sense of self-responsibility
- Use both visual and verbal processes (right and left brain)
- Find resources and wisdom within
- Learn skills of inquiry, curiosity and compassion towards self and others
The specific exercises will help children:
- Learn activities that can help them tap into their creativity and strengths when they are bored
- Understand what they feel like and express it in effective/useful ways
- Learn skills that will help them feel calm and peaceful when they are agitated
- Untap their strengths and confidence when they are feeling under-confident
- Learn to share gratitude with family
- To be an inner scientist-understanding, managing and overcoming difficult emotions
- Learn to feel better when they feel sad, angry, etc
When: 2nd May to 29th May. Three days a week/Dates: 2,4,9,11,13,16,18.23 May . NOTE 29th May is for parents & Kids.
Timings: 10:30am to 1:30pm(for 6-8 and 9-12) 3:30pm to 6:30pm (teens)
Where: Pause for Perspective, Olbee Center, Above Lawrence and Mayo Showroom, Somajiguda, Hyderabad.
How much: Rs.9000/- . To register pay a non-refundable deposit of Rs2000/- to secure a spot
No. of seats: Limited to 6-8 participants in each age group.
Facilitator: Aarathi Selvan NCC(USA),MPhil(ClPsy) is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, National Certified Counselor in the USA, Mindfulness Guide and an Expressive Art Therapist. She is the founder of Pause for Perspective and has been working with families, children and individuals for the past decade. For more info on Aarathi click here.
To Register: Call Aarathi at 9490708947.
To ensure a spot in the program you will need to pay a non-refundable part payment of Rs2000/- by April 20th 2016.
Account Name: Aarathi Selvan
Account Number: 630801536940(Savings Account)
Bank Name: ICICI Bank Branch Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India.
IFSC Code: ICIC0006308
Please share the reference ID or online payment receipt screen shot for us to confirm your registration. You can do this by emailing Aarathi at aarathi(at)pauseforperspective(dot)com. Please mention your name, your child’s name and your email and phone number to register you for the program.
Pictures of Past Creative Journaling Workshop for Kids are Here.