The PGD Psychological Counseling Skills Course was initiated in 2003.
COURSE HIGHLIGHTS & its STRENGTHS:
- Recognised by the World Education Services (U.S.A.) as the official 16th year of education
- Gold medal for the highest scoring student in PGDPCS instituted in memory of Dr. Sylvia Shimmins by Dr. Usha Kumar (*Conditions apply)
- One of the successfully recognised Counseling programmes in the twin cities
- Completed 13 successful years
- Excellent Curricula.
- Experienced Core Teaching Faculty
- Highly Experienced & Trained Guest Faculty
- Student-Centric Teaching Methodology
- Continuous Comprehensive Assessment
- Practical Skills Training through Seminars/ Group Presentations/ Workshops
- Field Trips
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
Graduates from recognised Universities and Professionals of any background are eligible to apply.
The applicant must possess a Degree (B.A., B.Com., B.Sc., B.C.A., B.M.S., B.B.A., B.E.,) recognised under University Act of India, with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and who has been a regular candidate.
The College does not admit candidates who have completed their Bachelors education through Distance Education.
The applicant must have computer skills as most of the projects, and presentations are technology based.
NUMBER OF SEATS: 30
PROCESS OF SELECTION:
Selection would be through a 2 tier process:
- Group Discussion
- Basics in Counseling Psychology
- Psychological Counseling Skills
- Personal Awarness and Development
- Basics in Psychology
- Personality Theories
- Abnormal Psychology
- Therapeutic Approches and alternate therapies
- Book Reviews
- ROLE – PLAYS
- SEMINAR/ VIDEO RECORDING/ RECORD WORK/ CASE STUDY / REPORT WRITING
As part of the curriculum the students have to undergo a minimum of 3 months of internship in their chosen field. Designed on the Egan’s model the course trains individuals to work in various set-ups such as – schools, colleges, corporate, mental health institutes and drug addiction centers.
Ms. Tina Fernandes – Head, Dept. of Psychology & Course Coordinator, PGDPCS, St. Francis College for Women, Begumpet, Hyd. -16.
Ms. Geeta S. – Asst. Professor, Dept. of Psychology & Faculty, PGDPCS, St. Francis College for Women, Begumpet, Hyd. -16.
Dr. Smita Sharma – Counselor: NIFT, BITS, Hyd. Campus, SME – Core Edu., & Technologies, On Panel with ISB.
Ms. Aarathi Selvan – Licensed Clinical Psychologist and National Certified Counselor (USA). Founder, Pause for Perspective.
Ms. Divya Raj – Licensed Clinical Psychologist & Research Associate, NIMS, Hyderabad.
Ms. Mary Dias – Office Assistant, Dept. of Psychology & Administrative Staff, PGDPCS, St. Francis College for Women, Begumpet, Hyd. -16.
Application Form and registration fee: Rs.1,000/-
Course fee : Rs.50,000/-
- 1st round of interviews – 1st week of April, 2016.
- 2nd round of interviews – 3rd week of April, 2016.
- 3rd round of interviews – 2nd week of June, 2016.
* Selected students list at the end of each round will be displayed at the Department of Psychology. The students are to come and check the list at their convenience.
- Details of Payment of fees will be informed to the selected candidates.
- Fees should be paid within the stipulated time.
- Fee once paid will not be reimbursed.
Classes Commence from : 1st July, 2016.
For further details contact:
St. Francis College: 040-23403200; Ext: 210 or
log onto: www.sfc.ac.in and check under Department of Psychology/ or mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hostel Facility: available at Jeevan Jyothi premises, Chikoti Garden, Begumpet, Hyderabad-16.
- Duration of the program : 10 months of classes includes 3 months of internship.
- Timings of the program : SIX DAYS A WEEK – Mon to Fri: 3:30 to 6:00 pm and on Saturdays from 9.00 am to 11.30 am.
- Course is open to : Graduates and Professionals. (Male and Female)
- Selection procedure : Group Discussion and Interview
- Faculty includes : Academicians and Practicing therapists
- Evaluation: Students are evaluated round the year on a total of 1000 marks. Students are evaluated internally through continuous assessments, seminars, presentations, book-reviews, case work, video recordings, record writing, participation and punctuality, etc and evaluated externally through rated role plays, mini-project (internship report) and year-end exams.
** ** ** **
Application Form and Prospectus are available at St. Francis Degree college office on all working days between 9:00am to 3:30 pm.