This is a program particularly for students in MA or MSc Clinical or Counseling Psychology program with a compulsory internship component. This is a three month training program.
At the end of the program you will be able to:
- Effectively use counselling skills and direct it based on both client’s needs and different modalities of psychotherapy
- Use different modalities of therapy such as ACT, DBT, and Narrative Therapy
- Enter the workforce and continue to be successful under supervision of experts in the field
- Do clinical intakes, ethical note taking, working with suicide risk assessment and crisis intervention
What is taught:
- Training is focussed on basic skills of counseling,
- learning to conceptualise based on evidence-based modalities like CBT, DBT, ACT.
- Sensitivity to personality theories, development and attachment models is reiterated.
- Suicide risk assessment, diagnostic manuals and ethics will be taught.
- Regular role-plays to ensure consistent skills training.
- Learn to do clinical intakes
- Suicide and Crisis intervention
- Observe and lead as a co-therapist
- Get assigned clients for one-on-one therapy
- Learn to write ethical case notes
- Group and individual supervision
Internship is run year-long. Call us to know when the next batch commences.
Fee: 15000 + 18% GST.